Gaia is a very popular addon for people who use debrid services like Real Debrid. It’s resource heavy (so not recommended for first gen fire sticks), but if you have the power then this is a great addon. With integration for debrid services, trakt, IMDB and more, it also grabs cached videos from the web so can pull you a 4K movie within seconds. Install it, go through the setup wizard and give it a go, you’ll know immediately if it’s an addon for you.
Open Kodi and click the “Settings” gear icon in the top left of Kodi home screen. and select “File Manager“.
If this is the first third party Addon or Build you're adding to Kodi, click here for details on how to enable Addons from Unknown Sources in Kodi
- With Kodi Open, Click the Settings “Gear” Icon
- With the setting menu open, click System Setting
- With the system settings open, click “Addons” from the left hand menu. (If you can’t see “addons”, make sure you’ve clicked “Advanced” on the bottom left of the menu to enable to Addons settings).
After clicking Addons, click the “Unknown Sources” button so it turns white.
- Once you click “Unknown Sources”, a box will pop up ensuring you’re OK to allow third party addons. Just click “OK”
Select “Add Source”
Select the box which says “None”
Type https://repo.gaiakodi.com and click “Done”
Go to the box underneath which says “Enter a name for this media source” and type “gaia” before clicking “OK”
Click back to your Home Screen
Click “Addons” from the Kodi home screen, then click the addons browser icon in the top left.
- For Kodi 16, from the Kodi home screen, select System > File Manager
Select “Install from zip file”
Once you see the “Add-on Enabled” notification go back to the Addons menu and click “Install from Repository”, select “Gaia Repository 1” > “Video Addons” > “Gaia” and click Install.
After a few seconds you should get the message “Addon Enabled”
Once installed, open up and you’ll be guided through the setup wizard.
- For Kodi 16, from the Kodi home screen, select System>Settings>Add-ons
Don’t forget to check out our other Kodi Addon Guides here.